Wednesday, April 11

Open your Ears

A man was standing on the roof of his house, flood waters totally covering his house and lapping at his ankles. He prayed, "Lord, I trust you and know that you will save me."


A couple in a canoe came by and asked if he needed help.

"No," said the man, "the Lord will save me."

Later, the water now risen up to his waste, the man kept praying, "Lord, I know that you will save me from this."

A couple of fishermen in a rowboat came by then and offered to take him to safety.

"No thanks," said the man, "I know that God will save me from this."

Not long after that the water rose to throat level. The man kept praying to God, "Lord, I know in my heart that you will save me from this."

A National Guard helicopter came by, hovered overhead, and lowered a rope for him to hold onto. He refused saying, "I know God will save me from this flood. Thanks anyway."

Well, the water rose even further and he drowned. When he got to heaven he looked up at God and asked, "Lord, I prayed to you and trusted in you so much. Why didn't you save me from that awful flood?"

"What?" the Lord asked, "I sent you a canoe, a rowboat, and the National Guard in a helicopter but you wouldn't take any of them!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home