Wednesday, September 14

Home from The NWT

Well back from The NWT, what a drive lots to see. The hwy there is fairly straight and a good place for cruse control. There is however no stops along the way with Provincial rest areas to ah errrrrrrrr hmmm well you know. There are however many towns with full service places
( phew !! ) I can only imagine how tough the drive can be in winter with blowing snow.
Most of the route is two lane hwy so caution is key.
As one enters the NWT there is a visitors information center. It is a warm inviting and interesting start for a visit there. There were two dogs to greet us and a warm host with equally warm complementary tea and coffee
Hay River is a town with about 3,000 people. There seems to be an abundance of shopping places to cater to all needs. I saw one school, ( purple brick outside) one huge apartment building, three bars, and six motels. The area also has several native built stone structures. Those we met seemed friendly.
Fuel there was if I remember 1.13$ / litre. Coffee was 1.25$ I bought the coffee, Dave bought the fuel.
The drive back took us about the same time but ..... it rained most of the way , but thats not a problem I slept, Dave drove and bought the fuel.
Well thats about it for now If I remember more I’ll reblog
hang fire .... be cool