Thursday, February 23

The Maple Leaf Forever


Today, an ex co worker, but more importantly a friend and “brother” arrived in Canada. ( three years to the date)
He chose Canada, with it’s winters and all.
When you talk to Adam, he often talks about how amazing Canada is.
He is from Romania, has lived through the Communist Revolution and now he is here, with his wife and daughter. He works and pays taxes as does both his wife and daughter. He appreciates Canada, more then most of us, and is an example of the spirit we should transmit.
Thank-you Adam, for reminding me of how great Canada is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I was working with you, it happened to me many times, that the customers were asking me, where I came from (I still have a strong Easter European accent)? After finding out a little bit about me and my family, they said "Welcome to Canada!". People like them, but more especially people like you, who opened their doors and hearth to me, make me feel home here.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Keith's Thoughts said...

Interesting use of the word hearth (fire place ....warmth)

Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home