Wednesday, February 15

Say Cheezzze!

On March 4th of this year I will have been selling photographic equipment for thirty two years. In 1974 if someone told me that in 2006 we would be able to record over 500 photos on a piece of plastic the size of my thumb, I would have suggested a frontal lobotomy was in order.
We outsell conventional cameras at least 25 to 1. Prices have plummeted from over 1000$ for a 2 mega pixel unit to under 300$ for a 5 mega pixel jewel. Leaps and bounds have been made in the industry. We now sell more media cards then film and we are quickly printing more from memory cards then film.
The best site to use for this is http://www.dpreview.com/ so much information there.( go to the buying guide & then the side by side section)
Have I bought a dig cam? No I can borrow just about anything I need
What would I buy? Well I would buy something that uses AA batteries. Why, cause if the “rechargeables” "go south" on me, regular alkaline batteries are in my radio, or my TV remote
Alright … The Nikon Coolpix line rules, then Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Fuji or Fuji Olympus
What I am especially amazed at is the amount of cameras being purchased by seniors ( the over 60 crowd, sorry Dave) they’ve jumped right on the technology and loving it.


hang fire …. be cool

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what the heck you are complaining about, I am still trying to program my Betamax machine while I listen to some of my old 78's. My arm is getting sore from winding that damn machine up.
And further more, you should not mock you very smart, kind and hard working baby brother !

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Keith's Thoughts said...

Well 2 outta 3 aint bad :)

Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home