Wednesday, March 8

Now, Here's a Goal !


I have a co worker who is bound and determined to become a helicopter pilot, not a doctor, lawyer or a merchant chief, a helicopter pilot. Now believe it or not flying lessons are about
50,000$. Pop quiz now guess how many banks are willing to give a loan of that amount to a 17 year old……… right, none.
His idea now is to get 5,000 people to give him 10$, far fetched???, maybe or maybe not, he has my 10$ now only 4, 999 to go
He doesn’t smoke drink or do drugs, he works at a heliport to learn and honestly, a great guy. Here’s his story.

PLEASE HELP ME FLY!

Hello Reader,

My name is Robert Ferlisi, I am 17 years old. The reason I am writing this is because I need your help.

If you are reading this and you don’t know me, you might wonder where I am going with this. I would like to thank you very much if you picked this up and started to read.

Ever since I can remember I wanted to fly. It has been a passion of mine for some time now. Just recently I had applied for a student loan, with my parents as a co-signer for 50,000 dollars. The loan was to be used towards my flight training for my commercial helicopter license. I didn’t get that loan, and this dream of mine still remains a dream… I had applied again at another bank, and got denied as well.

I would like to ask you for your help. If you can, donate 10 dollars to me. It will be saved up and put towards my flight training. The course for a commercial helicopter license is 50,000 dollars minimum. I can’t join the military because I don’t have 20/20 vision, and I have no other way to get that kind of money. I am saving money every way I can, working two jobs, and not spending any money unless absolutely necessary.

I am working two jobs now:

1- I am a lineman at Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport. I work for an FBO (fixed base operator). My job consists of refueling the aircraft, and doing work out on the ramp. I just love being around the aircraft/airport all day. It is experience for me in the industry when I become a helicopter pilot.

2- I work at Astral Photo. I am a camera salesman.

I volunteer once a day at St. Hubert Airport. At Helicraft 2000 Inc, a helicopter flight school. I volunteer as an apprentice mechanic. Just getting experience in the industry.

I am attending John Abbott College, and I am studying aircraft maintenance, it is my first year.

What I am asking you to help me out with is totally voluntarily! It is something I would like you to do out of the kindness of your heart.
10 dollars isn’t much money if you think about it. Instead of buying a pack of cigarettes, a two-four of beer, please help me out and donate it to help me fly.

Thank you very, very much for taking the time to read this, even if you choose not to help. Like I said… it’s voluntarily. If you do choose to help me, THANK YOU!!!

For more info, you can contact me at HeliPilotRob@hotmail.com.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a person dream, good luck Rob, see you in the sky

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home