Tuesday, April 4

Is It Safe Yet ???


Is it safe yet….my favorite scene from a movie ever
(Dustin Hoffman in the Marathon Man, where he is having his front tooth drilled with out anesthetic)
http://www.filmsite.org/mara.html
My experience today was nothing like that. Dr. Howard is a great dentist, his chair side manner is amazing and he has an excellent understanding for my pain threshold and an even better understanding of my gag reflex.
Today he started a root canal procedure. Now by nature the term root canal strikes fear in the strongest of men, buckles the knees of giants and tears the faces of mobsters. Now either my pain level is greater then I think or Dr. Howard had me frozen to the max, but apart from the occasional twinge of OUCH !! the worst was some discomfort and the yucky taste of the dam
Here I must apologize for not seeing the good Dr. more regularly, but stuff happens.
Part two of the canal is in two weeks…….yippee
Oh and ya, thanks to Ester too ( Howards assisstant )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had 2 root canals and recommend you get the dentist to give you gas. Nothing like a great excuse to catch a good buzz.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home