Thursday, May 25

A Lump in my Throat


Now I understand that the hockey season is way overdue to be done,
BUT tonight I was moved. I was watching the opening ceremonies of the Anaheim / Edmonton series. Now you should understand that at a recent opening game in Anaheim the crowd booed the Canadian National Anthem, not too surprising a typical American boorish tendency. Tonight not only did the Canadian crowd cheer the American Anthem but during the singing of O’Canada the guest singer stopped singing about eight words through the Anthem and held his mike towards the crowd who sang the words loud and proud. Usually Canadians hide their patriotism under a bushel, but not tonight, they sang loud & proud, ….. God bless the people who were there, and I dare say there were peoples singing along in bars and homes throughout our great country, lets make it an encore event when we stand in sports events, after all WE ARE CANADIAN……eh

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUP,
I agree with you, every one was singing along even in all the bars at Sandy Beach. Except those who could not stand up.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home