Saturday, January 20

What a Day


When I arrived at the store Thursday morning I learned that Fuji Film had decided to divest themselves of all retail operations. This means that as it is known Blacks (the parent company of Astral for whom I have worked for 33 years) will cease to exist. They have started the purge at the head office in Markham Ontario. Many will be offered a voluntary exit package of up to seventy-five weeks of compensation. You see although the store chain shrunk year after year the Support Centre remained basically untouched. For the present time my position seems safe.

Ten minutes after that news I received a call from Canada Trust,(Toronto Dominion Bank) that my access card had been cloned and two hundred dollars had been stolen from my account.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not great news but early retirement may be in your future. Sorry to hear about the credit card theft as well.

Monday, January 22, 2007 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home