Sunday, April 22

Bye Astral

Hi, it’s Sunday evening at 10:43 and I have a glass of “courage” by my side.
Tomorrow starts the beginning of the end. Tomorrow I start my last week of +33 years at Astral Photo. In those years there have been resurrections and changes in the name but bottom line it’s Astral Photo.
There is a list of names I have worked with but in fear of missing some I won’t name one.
This week there will be a lot of “last times” Today for example I did my last “close” with Krystal and Auturo. The days ahead will bring their own “lasts” and I will be sad to see them all,
I am not sure how I feel. My emotions run from sad to anger then from emotional lows to feelings of revenge.
In the end I will miss the people I worked with to some of the fantastic customers I made contact with.
Since I heard the news of my demise I am still waiting to awake from this terrible dream, but this I guess is not to be. When I awake after Friday morning I will not have to go to “708” anymore
I’m not sure what I will do in the immediate future except to say I guess I have earned a mini vacation, so for now that’s the plan.
The sun will rise as it should in the morning and the world will turn as it should.
To all of my co workers who read my blog thank you. To family and friends who have followed this saga thank you too.
In the days and weeks to come I will attempt to keep you posted as to what goes on.
Happy to meet, Sorry to Part, Happy to meet again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michel.r.boyer@sympatico.ca said...

Hey Keith -

Sorry to hear that it's going to be your last week. Keep you chin up and stay strong

Cheers,
Michel

Monday, April 23, 2007 7:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keith,
it's a new beginning. You're the best salesman I ever met, I'm sure your vacation will be shorter than you think.

Adam

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Don't let the bastards grind you down, Keith.

-Scot

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Team Snorkel said...

hello Keith,
I feel for you very much. It seems these days THE MAN really is invincible, but I truly believe HIS ungrateful, selfish, moneydriven, irresponsible actions will not be exempt from the big circle of life which connects us all. The karma police will catch up with HIM. As for you, well, all I can think of saying is what I had ingraved in my grad ring to help me in rough times: "Look up" Keith!

I can only imagine how you feel. Back in october 2005, when I quit Astral, I left because I could feel my values and Astral's were quickly drifting apart. One day after giving my 2 week's notice, the boss called me at home saying I only had to work two more days and he didn't need me to work the rest. I was furious because I wanted to have those "lasts" you were talking about. So I immidietly called him back, crying my eyes out, saying how disappointed I was. I felt unappreciated and useless to the store. That was only after 2 1/2 years of service...

Now, I promise to NEVER set foot in that chain of stores again. I will just have to travel a few extra miles to get that "unmatched quality" somewhere else. Because quality is not first found in a product, it's found in the organisation that sells it; it's values AND workers. Hopefully, Astral will suffer greatly from their stupid choices.

I love you Keith. You were like a dad to me while I worked at Astral. I just hope you will find a new job where they appreciate your hardwork and passion more than your salary.

Nat

Monday, April 23, 2007 1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ec:3:1: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ec:3:2: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ec:3:3: A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ec:3:4: A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ec:3:5: A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ec:3:6: A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ec:3:7: A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ec:3:8: A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home