Monday, December 12

Oh Little Town of Bethlehem

Many years ago in my youth while I was attending Emanuel Baptist Church ( Pastor McLeod was delivering this sermon that day) and he spoke about leaving “Christ” out of Christmas.

To this day I can not write Xmas, and think of his sermon each time I see it.

I know that in this day & age it seems politically incorrect to wish someone a Merry Christmas. Unless I know you celebrate the season another way be prepared to indeed be wished a Merry Christmas. It was good enough for my family for years, no one was offended and they appreciated my salutations.

I live in North America and we for the most part we celebrate Christmas. I know, realize, & respect that there are many other holiday seasons at this time of year but PLEASE !!! Im a Christian and I wished you a Merry CHRISTMAS, the way I celebrate this time of year and I’m not sorry if I offended you by doing so, political correctness be damned.

So …. Put up a Christmas tree !!! send Christmas cards !!! Watch for Santa and cook me a well stuffed turkey, with mash potatoes, turnips, and PLEASE don’t forget the cranberry sauce. Mince pie & plum pudding for dessert, and perhaps a dry sherry to smooth the tummy
What can possibly be wrong with this picture?

So to one & all Merry Christmas