Sunday, July 22

Best Sit Down for This One।


Today for the first time in many years I attended Church Excuses are many and varied, but today I went. I was invited by my friends Rolanda and Gordon. The service was held at Calvary Baptist Church in Chateauguay. It was about a twenty minute drive from my home and I was waiting in the Church parking lot when Rolanda and Gord pulled in.
The order of service was much the same as other Baptist churches I attended before but still very very nice, The people were friendly and kind and the preacher was not long winded, with the sermon based on a portion Mark chapter 6 I believe. At one point in the service one of the parishioners stood up to explain she had had a traffic accident and had bump into one of the other church members who was on driving his bicycle , but he was sitting beside her and felt ok. The pastor took time to lead the congregation in a moment of prayer for both.
The only thing that surprised me was that they didn’t sing any Hymns I knew, or perhaps they knew I was there.
So I was in Church and the roof didn’t cave in, the earth didn’t open up and swallow small children, however from the last few days of rain, I believe I saw the animals lining up two by two.
Thanks again Ro & Gord, who after church had be back to their home for a great Bar Bq complete with water melon, potato chips and ice tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home