Saturday, June 30

I am Humbled


This a story that I find truly unbelievable.
On Thursday of this week, former Alouette and presently CJAD football broadcaster Tony Proudfoot announced that he was dealing with incurable ALS (Lou Gehrig disease) ALS as a rule claims its victims with in five years of discovery (http://www.alsa.org/als/default.cfm)
Tony is also a teacher at Dawson College where, during the September 13th attack performed possibly life saving first aid on a student.
Deserving platitudes dotted the CJAD broadcast day.
In a Keith way I wrote to Tony via email wishing him God’s speed.
Imagine my surprise when hours later I received a personalized letter from him thanking me for my wishes.
This man who has much bigger issues to deal with took the time to answer a letter from a person whom he never met.
Tony you are my Hero for 2007 !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home