Monday, July 16

Now What do I Do...........part deux (thats 2 for you English folk)


Well it turns out (see previous blog)
that there were 30,000 Bell Sympatico customers affected by the outage. It seems there was a router problem at one of the main Bell hubs in Montreal. Of course there were no spare routers in Montreal and one had to be brought in from the center of the universe, Toronto. Service was affected for about seven hours,
What I was really surprised at was the reaction from many who found themselves with out internet connection. Knee jerk reaction had many changing parts pieces and various paraphernalia to solve “their problem” I base these finding having listened to about thirty minutes of a talk show on CJAD guest hosted by Abe Hefner.
I tried a few things but I didn’t change any pieces. I simply called customer support.
An even bigger surprise is that Bell is considering compensation to those denied service. Let’s look at that.
My Sympatico bill is pretax 39.95$ per month, that’s 1.33$ per day or 5.5 cents per hour. Base on pro rata math, being out for approximately seven hours means I can expect about a thirty cent compensation,
I really look forward to that insult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home