Wednesday, February 13

Mr. Accident Here



Ok here we go.

On Saturday night around eleven at night, because the pathway from the sidewalk to the door of the building had not been plowed I walked through the parking lot and found the only piece of ice on the ground.

I fell forward and landed directly on my right side rib cage. After several attempts to right myself I was able to make it to the front door.

It didn’t hurt too much that night and most of Sunday I was fine. At about ten I went to bed. Around eleven the pain was terrible. I couldn’t lie down nor could I sit properly the only relief I could find was to stand. Around two AM when I couldn’t handle the pain any longer I called 911. I explained my situation along with the fact I couldn’t not breathe properly. Within ten minutes an ambulance arrived (with sirens & lights) and I was whisked off to Queen Mary’s Hospital.
After an examination and a series of x-rays it was determined that I would need a liver ultrasound.
The radiation department isn’t open at that hour so I was put on a stretcher and placed in the ER facilities.
Just before ten I was scanned.
When I got dressed I was assured that nothing was broken or fractured, and all I needed was to let time heal, along with dilaudid and APO Naproxen.

Now we are on Wednesday evening and although at the present moment there is little pain but I am certain to take a painkiller or two before I retire.

The above mentioned pathway has yet to be plowed and I was informed that it probably won’t be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are we going to do with you!?! I may have to sue you for copyright infringement, as I have already established myself as the reigning monarch of the "Tumble for Maximum Damage" competition.

Oh well, you may have the "Watch out for the Icy Patch" division, as long as I hang on to the "Fifteen Stairs, Face First" title.

Virtual hugs. Laurel

Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home