Friday, November 27

I Love to Take the Photographs


Today I am saddened
There’s been a death.
There will be no more Kodachrome film.
I worked in photo retail for over 35 years and never thought I would see this day. Kodachrome had to be sent to Toronto and took and least one week to return in its familiar yellow box.
There was when I started Kodachrome 25 & Kodachrome 64, depending on the ASA you needed. Then there was no 25 to be had.
Paul Simon sung about Kodachrome, a song which was banned in the UK because it contained commercial names such as Kodachrome and Nikon.
The end of Kodachrome will pass like a thief in the night, like Beta and VHS
With the end of Kodachrome can the dust accumulation on you Kodak Carousel, be far away ( if you can still find an ELH bulb)
Remember? Kodachrome was processing included and Ektachrome was not.
Geeze Im old !!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keith,

You know, I'm still reading your post, an this one, has the same felling for me than for you. But look at the picture of the roll of film on your post and you will find this this film is not processing included, because of the black side of the cartridge and not orange as the processing included was in Canada

Do you also remember the 3 digit sku at the time of Miracle Mart. I think it was 534 for the 20 exposures, we should check with Clermont or Caz, but apart us who cares

Have a good time
Pierre Rondeau

Friday, November 27, 2009 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Keith's Thoughts said...

I stand corrected, thank-you Pierre:)

Friday, November 27, 2009 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home