Monday, May 31

Passport


Today was the culmination of what has seemed to be months of work.
Today my application was completed for my Canadian Passport. I needed a birth certificate and that took about a month.
I had to find a Guarantor (which can now be any one who holds a valid Canadian Passport) I needed to consider how to chose to references (they didn’t need a valid Canadian Passport.
I also needed two acceptable photos. This by itself is a challenge, given my mug and the regulations surrounding them.
So….I choose Casmir as my Guarantee who I have known as a co worker for thirty plus years. He also took the photos which I got using my senior’s discount at Astral Photo
My references are Rolanda and Brigitte. People I have known since the Dead Sea was only sick.
This morning the alarm went off around 6:30 and by 7:15 I was on the road to the Passport Office in Fairview, Pointe Claire.
Nothing of course was yet open so I had a coffee with my ex Astral manager Clermont.
At about 8:15 I was the third in line at the Passport office they opened at 8:30 and by 8:40 all my documentation had been verified and 87$ had been removed form my cheque account.
All in all this was not the horror experience I had anticipated.
I was assured I would receive my Passport by registered mail in about two weeks.
Pyramid Mall, here I come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home