Tuesday, June 10

Now I Got if off my Chest


Today we had an old fashion thunder booming Montreal summer storm…..NOT
There were email warnings, Environment Canada flashes , and the skies even went darkish.
In the end the “storm” lasted a about forty minutes Now as a precautionary I admit that I powered down the computer but that being said I was more distressed about paying 1,49.9 for a litre of gas, Never before had I paid over 40$ to top off my tank. No one seems to give a flying hoot about this stupidity. I am fed up about how expensive fuel is in other places……I don’t live in those other places.
It’s time the government stepped in and did something about taxes (some of which were to cover a government shortage) This shortage has been covered, now drop the damn tax.
Get to the west island by public transport, yes if I have two hours to spare.
I am pleased I have an economical car, live over a restaurant and across the road from a convince store but please ….
Phew….now I feel better

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't dismiss the storm too quickly... There are trees and power lines down with resulting power outages throughout sections of the city and the south shore. Anything not tied down in back yards like gazebos and lawn furniture where the winds blew through are now in other people's yards and destroyed. The storm is blowing into New York state with similar results right now including possible tornado sightings and there are a couple of transport trucks tipped over on the Champlain Bridge. - O.K., you can go back to your gas price rant... ;-) Harry

BTW, your blog is the only "written" thing I can find on the internet besides internet radio reports. Still not showing up in news references.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home