Tuesday, September 15

Click that Card




I hate paying taxes, nay I deplore paying taxes. Federal, provincial, municipal, sales, I hate them all.
It has occurred to me however the pain could be lessened if I knew how much my hospital bills would have cost me had I not had that magic piece of plastic in my wallet. Get to the hospital and all I have to do is whip it out (my Medicare card that is) and although it may take hours in a hospital situation I’m taken care of. When I want to see my personal physician I can usually get an appointment easily
I believe that every Quebecer should receive with their provincial tax evaluation a copy of how much it would have cost the individual had the medical care system not been in place. Could be a boon for the government
Now I feel better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous DMC said...

I know the amount - my son's 14 day hospital stay and heart surgery = $32,610.00

He was only 13 days old and his provincial health care card had not arrived yet, so upon discharge, the hospital billed us. Thankfully 2 days later the card arrived and the bill was paid by the province.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home