Thursday, September 17

In a Land called Honalee


Today I lost a friend (we’re never met) Today I lost a friend (she knew not my name) Today I lost a friend.(& Im not alone )
Today, Mary of Peter, Paul & Mary passed away. She was in her seventies and succumbed to leukemia.
I saw Peter, Paul & Mary in concert several times here in Montreal.
For those of you who don’t know Peter. Paul & Mary, they were the folk voice of my generation , they voiced Pete Seagers words and contested the Viet Nam war in an expression that could only be done in their partnership.
They sang of A Ship that Sails the Seas, and what they would do It I had a Hammer, they also knew The Answer is Blowin in the Wind.
Mary was Puff’s mom and the dragon was the song about...... a dragon, thank you Mary….

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a hammer, Id hammer in the morning....

RIP MARY

Friday, September 18, 2009 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home