Sunday, January 3

Cheesecutters


Welcome to Keith’s Thoughts 2010
I didn’t know how or where to start, but while watching the CTV (Montreal edition) a story about the weather was aired. It was a story about the activities that Montrealers were doing today. One man mentioned that he had put his kid on cheesecutters, not skates but cheesecutters.
This sparked my memories of years gone by. Cheesecutters are boots with blades on each side of the boot (for balance) and make you believe you can skate.
Now….you have had a pair of cheesecutters and “skated” on a local rink, like the one in Woodland Park.
Even when wearing “cutters” I managed to fall on my backside, but then again that happens when I walk.
I went to Google images for a photo for this blog, but the only cheesecutter images I could find were pictures of things that cut cheese, weird huh?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you read this site and click on childrens ice skates you should find some skates that look like the old cheesecutters that used to be worn in the 1060's
http://www.iceskatesmuseum.com/museum-e/index-e.htm

Monday, January 04, 2010 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Keith's Thoughts said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, January 04, 2010 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger Keith's Thoughts said...

Many thanks

Monday, January 04, 2010 6:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home