Wednesday, October 22

I gotta go to my Happy Place


Oh boy, today I purchased winter tires for my car. Not because I needed tires (I’ve driven on for season tires for over a decade.)but the government of Quebec in their omnipotent wisdom declared that all vehicles in the province be equipped with winter rubber.
This a boondoggle for the powers that be, not only will they collect taxes on all these tire purchases BUT I had to pay three dollars per tire (it’s called a recycle tax, even though I am not disposing of anything) Then of course they will collect funds from tickets issued to those who are not using winter wear.
I purchased the least expensive (at 102$. + tax + recycle charges + GST + PST ) (and PST is calculated after GST is added) So my total invoice is 460.53$, installation and balancing included.
What I kinnda need now is a place to store my summer tires.
All being said after next Wednesday at one thirty, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Wasn't there a time when we only needed two winter tires? I rest my case a boondoggle !!
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourview/2007/12/quebec_first_province_to_make.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY, HEY, HEY....don't you dare say "let it snow" before Nov 18th @ 2:10pm.....you know what I mean eh!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home